M&A Associate or M&A Manager – Total Webhosting Solutions
KEY FACTS AND SETTING
- Company: Total Webhosting Solutions (“TWS”)
- Industry: European Hosting (ICT) Market
- Function: Mergers & Acquisitions Associate or Manager (1,0 FTE)
- Level: M&A experience required: 2 – 4 years for Associate level, 4 – 7 years for Manager level
- Education: Academic degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance, etc.
- Starting date: Immediate
Corporate M&A team looking for an ambitious professional to further accelerate acquisitive growth in The Netherlands and initiate expansion in other European countries.
M&A has a strategic priority for TWS given the ambitions to further expand the current Dutch positions as well as drive further geographic expansion across Europe. From the start early 2017, our team has already closed 8 acquisitions. We are currently in the process of building a dedicated acquisition team consisting of M&A professionals with a background in private equity, corporate development, corporate finance advisory, M&A legal and financial transaction support. At TWS, we are responsible for initiating dialogue with potential targets and subsequently business case analysis, valuation, contract negotiation and drafting, as well as coordination of due diligence processes.
TWS is market leader in the Netherlands with European ambitions in webhosting, domain names and cloud services. Our international teams of dedicated specialists deliver cloud based services to thousands of partners and millions of customers globally. Our mission is to foster success through innovative cross boarder collaboration between enterprises, clients and private persons. TWS provides a platform with technical, organisational- and financial resources to take webhosting businesses to the next level.
Be part of the M&A team of TWS and will be reporting to the TWS M&A Director;
Responsible for acquisition of deals by originating relationships with potential acquisition targets in The Netherlands and potentially other European countries directly and (in)directly by building (upon existing) relationships with corporate finance boutiques and other multiplayers in the market (accounting firms, venture capital Firms, private equity firms, law firms, industry experts, banks e.g.);
Engage into direct contact with the owners of the targets and initiate dialogue regarding a potential acquisition with the company, the shareholder(s) and TWS;
Actively support transaction processes by providing assistance in information gathering, due diligence, planning, preparing valuation models and investment memoranda and other relevant aspects of the transaction process once a project has been initiated;
Leading role in target valuation analysis and possible also financing requests (bank financing), preparing and discussing models and (draft) documentation with internal and external stakeholders;
Regular travel, sometimes international, is considered an integral part of the role.
The role is based at the headquarter of TWS in Zwolle, The Netherlands.
Remuneration in line with market practice for relevant level of experience, background, and profile. Attractive variable compensation scheme. Given the speed of growth of our (international) efforts, there is ample room for both professional and personal growth within the company.
On the job training, support, and sharing of know-how is considered an integral part of the role. The candidate also has a unique opportunity to develop an international M&A profile and further develop client facing capabilities.
Genuinely interested. Authentic. Bold. Driven and self-starting. Quick thinker with sufficient “business sense”. Relationship driven. Eager to learn and not afraid to fail.
Fluent in English and preferable also fluent in Dutch. Fluency of German (or a different European language) is considered a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
Relevant work experience in PE/VC, corporate M&A or corporate finance advisory firm with significant client interfacing experience. Relevant working experience at least 2 (for associate) to 4 (for manager) years;
Experienced deal execution including valuation analysis (DCF/LBO modelling) and project management (managing financial & fiscal due diligence advisors, data room management, etc.);
Preferably basic knowledge of- and experience with- of legal documentation (i.e. transaction documentation such as Share Purchase Agreements and/or financing documentation such as Loan Agreements);
Academic background from an established University;
Strong entrepreneurial, self-starting nature;
An independent thinker who keeps focusing on the target, who quickly develops own insights and who can apply them;
Excellent communication- and presentation skills;
Highly tuned intercultural sensibility and aptitude to communicate on different levels and across functions;
Please submit your CV, relevant diploma’s and motivation to Gerdjan Warnars (M&A Director TWS) by email: email@example.com
Intern Mergers & Acquisitions – Total Webhosting Solutions
COMPANY AND ROLE:
Total Webhosting Solutions (TWS) is the market leader in the Netherlands with European ambitions in webhosting, domain names and cloud services. Our companies and teams of dedicated specialists deliver cloud-based services to thousands of partners and millions of customers globally. Our mission is to foster success through innovative cross boarder collaboration between enterprises, clients and private persons. As TWS, we provide a platform with technical, organisational- and financial resources to take webhosting businesses to the next level.
M&A has a strategic priority for TWS given the ambitions to further expand the current Dutch positions as well as drive further geographic expansion across Europe. From the start in 2017, our team has already closed over 10 acquisitions. The M&A team is responsible for initiating dialogue with potential targets and subsequently business case analysis, valuation, contract negotiation and drafting, as well as coordination of due diligence processes and post-acquisition workstreams.
In this role, we are looking for ambitious students in their final year of their masters who want to kick start their career in Mergers & Acquisitions by doing a three to six month working internship (there are no possibilities for a graduation internship) within a highly dynamic Corporate M&A team. As an intern, you will be an integral part of the team and will be involved in all aspects of the deal process.
During your internship you will support the team in a diverse number of projects, including for example:
- Actively support the transaction processes and analysis of the target companies by providing assistance in information gathering, due diligence, planning, drafting letters, financial analysis and (valuation) model build;
- Performing (international) market and sector studies and work on commercial / pitch documents;
- Preparing documents for various internal (post-deal) workstreams, such 100-day operational plans, ad-hoc business analysis and board meetings.
- You are currently a (financially oriented) Master student with a strong academic background and a completed bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Economics or other relevant study;
- You have strong and demonstrable affinity with corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and the financial world in a broader sense;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Socially skilled, pro-active and not afraid to share your opinion;
- You are flexible, structured and have a hands-on mentality;
- Analytical thinking ability, capable of independently drawing conclusions;
- You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Strong team player and eager to learn;
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to work in a highly dynamic working environment;
- Obtain relevant working experience by actively supporting in origination, execution and post-deal aspects of transactions;
- You get the chance to experience various projects up close, where you can showcase and reinforce your knowledge and affinity with all aspects of corporate finance;
- A steep learning curve;
- A competitive allowance.
The role is based at the headquarter of TWS in Zwolle, The Netherlands.
Please submit your application, including your resume and letter to Nick Bink at firstname.lastname@example.org.